Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Dental visit !!!!

I have not had any dental checkup since i was 12.... Can't remember exactly when was the last visit. All i know is that, i had a patch done on one of my tooth back then. Which came off about one week after. -_-"...

And so, my teeths been fine and no problem. Until very recently, i started getting nagging pain on one of my big tooth. Yeah, there's some plaque there, but all is still fine with the brushing and gargling of mouth rinse.

anyway, until yesterday, the pain came back. And this time, its not an 'on and off' thing. The pain was constant, from yesterday until today. Yeah, i slept with the nagging pain. That means, i have sleepless night.

So, this afternoon... went for a dental visit. To get the pain fixed.
Gar helps contact a few of his friends, looking for some good dentist to recommend. hahaha...
that's the problem when we don't visit the dental for such a long period of time.
And listed down to one doctor in Seksyen 17. This friend of ours, apparently brought his daughter there for a tooth pulling out and find the occasion pleasant.

Well, thinking a child finds it 'okay' for that dental visit, this doctor should be 'fine'.

And so, i got there, filled up my form and waited patiently for my turn, with the nagging pain.
while waiting, a few more patients turns up. Seems like this doctor should be quite popular, to have number of patients during a weekday afternoon.

Once got in, the doctor ( with his mouth masked on ) asked me about my tooths problem.
And so, my explanations plus his check up on my teeths.
The results was....
My gums was infected, and one of the tooth has hole. This tooth with hole needs patching works done one week later, for he needs to put some medication inside it.

the other tooth, which was grown out from the lines..., was in pain too. It looks okay, but in actual, the gum was infected. So, thinking this tooth would be useless anyway, since its out of line and does not serve much purpose to my eating chomping routine. We decided to have this pulled out.

He started to clean the one with hole first, gave me a few injections near it. Took quite some time. And then a few more injections to pull out the tooth besides it.

ooh, my lips was partly numbed by then. And it wasn't an easy 'pulling' session.
When it was done, the tooth looks fine, with little plaque on its side. The leg of the tooth was really long. You would think this tooth is nothing wrong. But the sad part, its my gum that's already infected.

I guess, sometimes the tooth would be fine. But because of the plaques, the gums would be infected... and that's the pain!

So, right now, i still have this cotton bud inside my mouth...the part of the lips not so numbed anymore.. :D

Hopefully the pain would be gone, and i could fixed my other tooth next week.

well, this dental visit wasn't so dreadful afterall. Luckily the dentist was very attentive, and keep asking if i felt any pain.

:)

Thinking of uploading my tooth's picture here, but it would be kind of gross for those who wanna have their dinner later... hahaha... nevermind.

No comments: