Thursday, May 22, 2008

a new gynae !

so.. i finally got a new gynae today. A she... :)

The appointment was earlier set for yesterday, and then i got a call from the nurse informing me that wednesday was the doc's off day. Thus, it was changed to this morning.

And then, i have to wait for 1 hour because she was in the operation theatre...*sigh* i thought i needn't wait much as not many patients would be seing her, since it's supposed to be her first month in this hospital.

anyway, i was third to see her. A nice woman, who spends time really explaining the difference between having the 'tied' option with the 'removing' of the ovary. So, now i am much more educated on this... kikiki...

And then, she took the trouble to explain my baby's development progress, so that we could pinpoint the due date for delivery. The main problem here is, i forgot my last period date. Very hazy and i can't be sure. Which was why, she explained the earlier trimester measurement of the baby's size is very important to estimate the date.

So, she gave the EDD date as end July. And she says it might be earlier .... oh...
i don't know. Part of me wanted this to be over so much, but being that early is kind of catching me off guard. What if, it should be early august ? sigh....

And she told me my blood pressure is very low, not so good as i would be expected to have major blood loss during child birthing process. So, she advised me to stock up on vitamins ! calciums! irons ! And my this visit bills came up to RM 161 !!! huhuhu.... being pregnant can be an expensive affair... kinda missed my old gynae... a visit would only cost me RM 56 + - .....

2 comments:

PlatinumGirl said...

Why you changed your gynae? Usually male gynae are much more detail or gentler they say. From my experience, its true .. hahah

chilicandy said...

because my previous gynae retired liao !!! if only it was last year ! what to do ? fated.....
anyway, this new gynae so far so good lah... patient in answering my questions.. :)